Starting today, I am training myself with a new routine called “Periodized Workout”, which consists of four microcycles (3 to 10 days) in each mesocycles (4 weeks), and four mesocycles in each macrocycle (3 months). Each week, I am breaking my workout down to three days for each upper and lower body. You heard me, I am working out six days a week and anything less than that amount of exercise would be unacceptable. Here’s my first workout of the week:
- Bench (135 lbs. ) & Push-ups: 4 x 10
- Barbell Shoulder Press ( 95 lb.) & Pull-up: 4 x 10
- Bend Over Row (135 lbs.) & Dips: 4 x 10
- E-Z Bar Curls (75lbs.) & Lie-down curls (30 lbs.): 2 x 10
- Rope Triceps (60 lbs.) & Backward Dips: 2 x 10 & 2 x 15 respectively
And my cardio was done by running with the kids at football practice.
Before I end my entry, I want to emphasize the each week, I’d be decreasing the repetitions of each exercise while increasing the weight for gaining strength. At the end of each week and the last week of each mesocycle, I’d implement workouts that are more functional and body weight oriented to promote muscular endurance.
Be your own guinea pig, get out of your comfort zone and try something new with me!